Ignoring Files and Directories
Yes, the one and only add support to ignore directories request has been implemented!
On the Enlistments page for a project, you’ll see the “Choose files to ignore” link for each enlistment.
This will bring you to the Ignore Files page, where you can specify which files and directories to ignore.
For example, to ignore specific directories, you can use
# Some commonly excluded paths Disallow: lib/ Disallow: tools/
And for specific files, you can use
# Some random files from this repository Disallow: 7zSD.sfx
We have more examples and tips located on the Ignore Files page.
Choosing which files to ignore must be done with the Ohloh web interface. In the past, we were looking into supporting a
robots.txt file in the source code itself. We felt that this behavior wouldn’t be as popular as simple web entry. If you have any reasons why you would want to use a .ohloh file over the web interface, please let us know.
Rescheduling failed jobs
We’ve made improvements on how Ohloh automatically retries enlistments if something goes wrong the first time, which we believe will reduce the overall number of stuck enlistments.
We’ve spent some time this sprint working on improving the user experience on the forums.
- Ability to mark a forum thread as closed. This will make it easier for us to track support issues and reduce noise for others if the thread goes off-track.
- Moved the forums search box to the top of the page for greater discoverability and ease of use
- Moved the navigation bar to bottom for improved usability when browsing
- “http://” links are now automatically hyperlinked without the need of markup (yeah!)
- Added previous and next links to the top of posts to increase readability in the forums
- Email notifications for forum posts now show entire content of posts
User reported issues
We’ve also fixed a user reported issue from https://www.ohloh.net/topics/6122