One of the key investments was building a great team: Abhay, Jared, Rob, Robin, Sara, and Thila. The core team, and those who have helped them, have accomplished a lot.
Here’s a recap of the improvements to Ohloh over the last year:
- New homepage and widgets
- Compare projects tool
- Commit volume graph
- Updated code analysis graphs – with commit highlights
- 30-day commit activity
- Tag cloud
- Improved accuracy of LOC counting
- Exclude external libraries and other dependencies
- Report duplicate projects
- Updated Ohcount languages: CoffeeScript, Ecere eC, Perforce Jam, Racket, REBOL
One member of the team will, regrettably, be moving on. Sara has decided to return to school in January to pursue a master’s degree in Human Factors at San Jose State University. We wish her the best, and thank her for helping to set Ohloh on a good course.
Happily, Ohloh’s new Product and Community Manager will join the team in a few weeks; we’ll announce that shortly.
As for the coming year, we have some great plans ahead. Please stay tuned.