Ever since I joined the Ohloh team, I’ve wanted to update the homepage. But first, I felt we needed to provide great features and improve functionality for our users before working on “look and feel” aspects of the site.
Now nearly a year into Ohloh’s development here, I feel the time was right to showcase these new features.
Although the homepage is self-explanatory, there are a few items I wish to call out:
We call out the follow stats:
- Number of open source projects we track
- Number of source control repositories we track
- Number of lines of code we track – 15 Billion(!)
- Number of open source contributions – 1 Million(!)
Here we showcase our most popular features:
- Review Ohloh’s code analysis reports
- Compare projects side-by-side to make educated decisions
- Discover how much each developer is contributing to a project
- And compare up to 93(!) different languages
The bottom section of the new homepage shows which projects get the most commits recently, who has been the most active contributor recently, and what projects Ohloh users have report using, where recently = past 30 days.
As with the new homepage, we’ve made some updates to other aspects of the site’s look and feel, including widgets.
For example, the new slim “I Use It” project widget. see all
And the new Tiny widget for People. see all
We’re really excited with our new homepage. It was a team (and extended team) effort. But if you have suggestions for improvements for the homepage, widgets, or any other aspect of the site, please let us know!