Open Hub Code is a free public code search engine for 10+ billion lines of open source code.
The Open Hub Code search database is populated and updated from a new, automated integration with Open Hub’s project list. We’ve rebuilt the code search engine (also available for private code search: www.blackducksoftware.com/code-sight). We’ve migrated the entire code base from .NET to Java (our team’s language of choice).
We’ve enhanced the technology along the way, including:
- Scalability for indexing and searching 10+ BLOCs
- Self-service project code additions and updates through user input on Openhub.net
- Support for multiple code locations per project
- De-duplication of identical files in a project, with pointers to multiple occurrences of a file across branches or versions
- Filtering/faceting of search results
- Smoother UI design for search users
- Syntax highlighting for 10 new languages (43 total) including user requests for XML, OCaml, Haskell, F#
- Improved ranking of search results with relevant snippets for the matched files
- Other user requests, including preservation of the underscore in search queries
Open Hub (openhub.net) and Open Hub Code (code.openhub.net) are the cornerstones of our vision to create the most comprehensive and free resource for developers to find and explore open source projects and code.
Posted in: Open Hub Code