A Project represents a collection of source code, documentation, and web sites treated together as a unit. It’s what most people might call an ‘application’ or ‘library’.
- The unique ID for the Project.
- The project name. Currently limited to 40 characters, and must be unique on Ohloh.
- The time at which this Project was initially added to the Ohloh database.
- The time of the most recent modification of this Project record.
- An optional description. Currently limited to 800 characters.
- An optional URL to the project home page.
- An optional URL to a website hosting project downloads.
- A short, unique name for this project. This name is used in Ohloh URLs.
- An url to the project’s 64×64 pixels logo image.
- An url to the project’s 32×32 pixels logo image.
- The number of Stacks currently containing this project. Higher stack counts indicate more popular projects.
- A floating point value from 1.0 to 5.0, representing the average value of all user ratings. 1.0 is the worst possible rating and 5.0 is the highest possible rating. Will be null if no users have rated this project.
- The number of users who have rated this project.
- The unique ID of the current best Analysis for this project. If the project has never been analyzed, this element will be empty.
- For convenience, the current best Analysis for the project is included in this element. This object is present only when you have requested a single project — if the project was returned as part of a collection, the analysis object will not be present.
- The xml api url for the current Project.
- The url to the current Projects details page on Ohloh.
- The factoids for the current Analysis will be included under this node.
<factoids> <factoid type="FactoidTeamSizeVeryLarge">Very large, active development team</factoid> <factoid type="FactoidAgeVeryOld">Mature, well-established codebase</factoid> <factoid type="FactoidActivityIncreasing">Increasing year-over-year development activity</factoid> <factoid type="FactoidCommentsLow">Few source code comments</factoid> </factoids>
- The language breakdown chart for the current Analysis will be included under this node. The
node will have the following children:
- This is the url to the PNG image that depicts the language breakdown for the current Analysis. The colors referenced in each languages @color attribute will be used in this image.
- Not every language will have a
entry. Ohloh will will combine languages that do not make up a significant percentage into a aggregate entry “N Other”. This entry can be identified by either its @color, always “000000” or @id, always “”.
Each language will contain the following data:
- The color code that Ohloh uses to represent this language on the website. This color is also used in the language breakdown graph image.
- The percentage of lines of code that the current language represents in the current Analysis
- The Ohloh language id.
To get a single Project, including its current best Analysis:
To get a list of all Projects, not including their Analyses:
The Project collection request supports the standard collection request parameters, with the following details:
- If supplied, only Projects matching the query string will be returned. A Project matches if its name, description, or any of its tags contain the query string.
- Project collections support the following sort options:
- Highest active committers in past 12 months, first
- Highest commits, first
- Highest contributors, first
- stack_count_reverse (default)
- Length of project name. Shorter name, first